Erm..., This is Food, Right?

Oh, what a busy month it's been! Ron and I have been swamped with work, having lost our other illustrator so that didn't leave a lot of time for updates. Our new illustrator has started and doing very well, so! On with muffin news!
We started Ben on rice cereal, which he wasn't sure quite what to make of it at first, but he now absolutely loves it. Mouth-open-wide-for-next-bite kinda loves. Once he was having cereal for breakfast and dinner, we introduced butternut squash for lunch. He was less than thrilled, but did manage to eat the entire wee jar in three days. Next! On to carrots! He was okay with the carrots, not excited, but again managed to finish the jar in three days. Mommy also learned how much carrots stain! Ooooooh! What a pretty orange! Mommy bought Oxy Clean so we'll give that a whirl. Next stop: peas, glorious peas! Small, green and round! He doesn't spit them out, and that's good enough for me. I think tomorrow we'll go back to the squash and some more peas, then carrots and peas. I think I want to get him used to the veggies before we introduce the yummy and naturally sweet fruits. We're also going to try oatmeal ceral tomorrow, as he's certainly got the rice cereal down pat.

Ben has been rather cranky lately, likely owing to a growth spurt; he'll be 6 months old next Monday. Yeah, holy cow is right. I can't believe how big he's getting, although he seems small compared to some other large baby friends. He's measuring right on target and we return to the pediatrician on the 10th of October for his next check up. He can still wear some of the larger 0-3 month clothes, but most of what he's wearing is 3-6 months. Everything is so cute, and I must take more pictures. I love this outfit...
It's okay, Ben, you don't have to start working... yet.
He's pulling to sitting without any problems, and he can sit unsupported for very short periods - he tips over pretty easily. He's getting close to rolling from his back to his belly, but not there yet. He can be pulled to standing and can stand for a few minutes. He looks pretty pleased with himself when he does this; of course, we just cheer him on and tell him how great he is. Yay Ben!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, honey... I'm so sorry I haven't been around. You CERTAINLY have never offended me in the least.

I just stayed away from pg and baby blogs for a while... but I think I'm ready to come back. :-)

smooches.
Anonymous said…
Oh... and your kid??? Not too damn homely. :-)
Anonymous said…
OMG, what a cute little bambino! It's so nice to see the 3(!) of you doing so well. I'll send an email soon to let you know who this is (ooO, a mystery!), and to get back in touch. :)
Anonymous said…
M'Lord and Lady: Time is flying. I will buy Ben a fishing pole soon. Can he help me build my dining room table before Thanksgiving? Peaceth.

mcdeadly

Popular posts from this blog

Here I Am!

Why, Yes, it HAS Been a Long Time Between Updates...