Well, Gee! Time sure does fly!

Let's recap: Ben had lots of fun at Christmas, unwrapping his presents and saying "Wow!" to each one. He received many of books - which is good because he loves being read to, and toys generally take up a lot room. Our tree is still up - I love leaving it up throughout most of the dark winter months because it's cheery and beautiful. We just have to keep reminding Ben to stop touching the ornaments. Total number of ornaments broken so far: three.







Ben used the potty very successfully once, on January 4th. And not since. His modus operandi is to run and hide, usually in the dining room, then squat while... eliminating. When I see him doing this I say "Hey! Let's go to the potty!" Making it sound like a brilliant and fun idea, but he wants none of it: "No, stay here." I tell him to let me know when he's ready. One day, I guess. It's not like he'll still be wearing diapers in college.

He graduated from his gym class, so now he's in a class with older kids and he loves running, walking on the balance beam, playing with balls and bubbles.

Ben's vocabulary continues to expand and he's building more sentences. While watching Toy Story, he announced "No like Toy Story. Put Tarzan on." I was listening to The Secret in the car yesterday when Ben said "No sink (think) Opah late." The child is brilliant...but of course I'm his mom, I'd think that if he were crushing juice boxes on his head. Ben gives orders a lot: Sit down, sit back, stay, get down, carry!, get out, stay here.. and he combines a lot of those as well.

I brought him to the pool at the Y today and he wasn't terribly thrilled about getting in the water. He looked concerned and said "Get out!" I put him on the side so he could keep his feet in the water. When he realized he could kick and splash... well, let's just say he was delighted. I stayed next to him while he had a blast kicking, splashing and giggling. He looked more interested in getting in the water towards the end, but I thought it might be better to introduce him to the pool a little at the time. If his curiosity is aroused, he'll want to come back and splash again. One day, he might even want to get in the water!

We had to get a tent for his crib as he's already successfully escaped unscathed. We didn't want him trying to climb out in the middle of the night and accidentally hurt himself. It took him a little while to get used to it, but now he's fine.

[The above post was started on the 17th; I completed the rest on 2/27/08]

Ben's new passion is Play Doh. "Pay pay doh!!!" He likes it rolled into balls, flattened out and put on the table so he can make marks on it. Last night I made mini muffins out of play dough and he'd pick them up squash them and hand it to me while jumping up and down: "Make muffin! Make muffin!" I'm really glad he enjoys it, becuase his idea of coloring at this stage is hitting the paper with the crayon, and then throwing crayons around.

Here are some pictures of Ben eating breakfast on Thursday, February 21st. I asked him to smile and this is what he delivered:When I asked what he does when he gets excited, this is what we were treated to:
It cracks us up, every time. More to come, soon, with pictures of our first real snowfall. Ben had a blast! I promise to update soon. I can't believe Ben's going to be 23 months...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here I Am!

Erm..., This is Food, Right?

Happy Father's Day