Again, With The Time Flying And All....

So! Where were we?

Time is that precious commodity I am not bathing in, So I try to get here when I can. Must try to do it more often. But enough about me! You don't want to hear about my time management skills (or lack therof). Here's what's going on with Ben...
Ben turned three (!) this past April. He measured just over 39" at the beginning of the month. He is a baby no longer - a little boy to be sure. Or rather, a big boy, since we successfully completed potty training last weekend. He's doing so well and we're very proud of him. In the morning when he wakes up we take him to the potty first thing. Lately he's been telling me, "Mommy, don't be happy. Shhhh." Apparently my exuberant cries of "Whoo-hoo! You did it! What a big boy you are!" might be a little much to handle first thing in the morning when he's still sleepy. So I've adjusted my praise to be a bit more somber.
He is very chatty. I read somewhere that a child's speaking has to do with the development of their tongue and lips - the more they use them the more proficient they become at speaking. It has nothing to do with intelligence or brain developement, it's all the the muscles used for speech. Which is why he's so good - he talks a lot! His conversations are so funny and he's really picking up on the art of negotiations: "Just a few more minutes, Mama, and that's all." "Two more jelly beans in a bowl, please, and that's all, Mommy." "Daddy, Opah's going to the store and he's going to buy me a big Luke Skywalker and a blue light saber. You will be Darth Vader and I will be Obi Wan and we'll fight. Okay, Daddy? Okay!"

He's a funny, bright and adorable little boy and our lives have been enriched by his presence. We're truly blessed.
Of course, he still has his tantrums every so often. His Dad and I always stick to our guns. I understand one of a child's "jobs" is to discover his limits - Ben tests frequently to see just what he can get away with. We've always got to be alert - you can't sneak anything by that boy!

His interests are wide ranging: "I love bunnies! They're so cute! I love them all the time." He loves Star Wars, Superman, Spiderman, Batman, dinosaurs. He really enjoys his action figures and usually finds new ways for them to do battle. He loves to run and play with balls; he loves seeing his friends and playing with them, too. He likes to draw in the driveway with chalk; he often asks me to draw Spiderman and stormtroopers.
He loves water and the pool; he's getting better having his hair washed - sometimes he'll even rinse his own head. "That wasn't so bad!," he'll laugh. When we tell him it's time to get out, we get "Just a few more minutes and that's all. Okay? Okay."

I've included a few pictures but I'll try to download some more tomorrow. For now, good afternoon, good evening and good night.

Comments

Amanda Lockhart said…
he is so cute-can't believe it!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Here I Am!

Erm..., This is Food, Right?

Happy Father's Day