One Month Old and Growing!

Last Sunday Ben was one month old. Today he is 5 weeks and 3 days. Not that I'm counting. (When you try for so long and jump over so many hurdles to get pregnant, believe me, you count every day).

Monday we went to the pediatrician... Ben weighed in at 9 pounds and 9 ounces and grew 2 inches to 22" long. Not bad! He's right on target so that's nice. He had his Polio and Diptheria immunizations and did very well - we were so proud of him! Not that he was terribly pleased about being stabbed in the thighs with huge needles (well, huge to him).

He's been smiling more and focusing his eyes. He often sleeps for three hour stretches at night, which I think is fantastic because I can get some nice rest during this time. He was getting very fussy and had unbelieveable quantities of gas in the evenings, so we started trying Mylicon gas drops. This has made a wonderful difference in reducing his gas and fussiness. I'd be fussy too if I were that uncomfortable! It seems that every day is different; nothing is predictable, which the Virgo in me isn't crazy about. Just gotta go with the flow. He laughs in his sleep which is the cutest thing ever, and his smiles melt our hearts. Here he is with his mom and dad, respectfully:













Your comments are always appreciated - thank you to everyone who's written in. Your support and enthusiasm mean so much to all of us. Until next time,
-Elyssia, Ron & Ben

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here I Am!

Erm..., This is Food, Right?

Why, Yes, it HAS Been a Long Time Between Updates...