Whoa!

Ben didn't really start walking until 13.5 months, and I was a tad concerned about it. So many moms told me not to worry; once he started walking I'd find myself constantly running after him.

Well, I now completely understand. We set him on the ground and he's off exploring and looking around earnestly at his surroundings. Hard to believe he's the same little boy who clung so desperately to my leg when we went to our Friday playgroup! Now I've got to watch him constantly. We went to a church fair this weekend and he was happy to just run around, pointing at the people, the lights and rides, babies, and booths stuffed with prizes. He is so much fun to be around! I took him on his first ride inside a giant bear last night with a friend and her son from playgroup. He was a bit scared at first then started pointing and making noises at people and things as they passed by outside of the bear.

His vocabulary is building; he says cake, pea, no, Pa (opa & pop-pop), Dada, Mama (rarely), hot, hat, hi, there, that, baby, happy, teeth, cheese, toes, toast.... I'm sure I'm missing some.

This morning he was chasing bubbles around the bathroom trying to eat them - too funny and thankfully we've got it on video. He did a little dance today after he woke up from his nap that involved a lot of squatting and wiggling - it was hysterical!

His right lower molar is through, and the one on top bilaterally are halfway through. I noticed the top teeth on Friday afternoon and was surprised; he had been in some discomfort a couple of weeks ago but I didn't realize so many were coming through. His left front lateral incisor just broke through the skin today, so he'll be flashing a mouthful of those pearly whites soon.

He now makes "hoo hoo" sounds when he sees pictures of owls, sometimes he'll say "hoo hoo" and point to the book containing the owl. Oh - he also says bee, while pointing to a picture of a bee. He really is a joy and we feel blessed every day we share our lives with him.

Now, on with the pictures!! Eating pastina, egg, spinach & cheese with a spoon...At the fair held by Daddy:
Ben discovers rocks don't taste nearly as good as they look:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Here I Am!

Erm..., This is Food, Right?

Fall All Around